Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Dorothy is spending the night with us.

I’m doing just fine, but our dear friend, David, has pneumonia! His wife, Dorothy, is recovering from back surgery and a fall that left her all bruised and with a broken wrist, plus she has macular degeneration, so we insisted she spend the night with us. Normally, when David has to be in the hospital she stays right with him. She’s just not in any shape to be sleeping in a chair beside a hospital bed! She wanted to go home, but we just wouldn’t have it and neither would anyone else! We ganged up on her and insisted that she come home with us. I LOVE having her here!

This is David’s picture on the blog tonight. David has COPD and wears oxygen all the time. We control him by threatening to step on his oxygen cord if he doesn’t behave. He’s a great sport and keeps us in stitches most of the time with his quick humor. This pneumonia is not too serious; it’s kind of common with COPD patients. I really think he will be fine after a few days of IV antibiotics and frequent breathing treatments. He has just about worn himself to a frazzle looking after Dorothy for the last several weeks, so this time of rest may be good for him, too. I hope Dorothy will stay with us as long as he is in the hospital.

Tomorrow we go for my first lymphedema therapy. I’m looking forward to it. I thank God that there is therapy within an hour’s drive, although we’ll have to go to Oklahoma City to get the sleeve I’ll need to wear. They won’t fit me for a sleeve until they get some of the swelling down, so it will be a while before we go get that, I think.

We thank God for wonderful friends and family; you are some of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment