Saturday, August 9, 2008

Toes don't look good, but they really are!


You know I’m hurting for pictures when I take pictures of these ugly feet. Actually, they look lots better than they have looked over the last year. I really want you to see that this is one of the effects of chemo. People think of nausea, fatigue and loss of hair, but the peripheral neuropathy was significant. I thank God that I don’t have the pain from it, anymore! Sometimes I have a tingle or a shooting pain, and I have pains in my ears sometimes, but it’s 1 on a scale of 10 and it got up to 6 or 7 at the worst. I keep my toenails cut so short, but I could let them grow and paint them like lots of women and they’d be good except for the big toes. They will take several months to look normal, again. HA! I’ve learned through all this that LOOKS don’t matter to me; LIFE does and I thank God for the life He gives me and all the rich blessings to enhance it.

Today has been another good day. I got all the cooking ahead that I could do for our fellowship meal at church tomorrow. I also made a peach cobbler for Don. It feels good to be able to do things! Last year I didn’t attempt much, so it feels good to be able to do whatever needs to be done. Of course, I’ve learned to do what needs to be done and let the other stuff go!

We stopped at a yard sale this morning and I got a couple of pairs of capris. Of course they were too long, so I got one of them altered. I’ll get the other pair done tomorrow, I hope. I thank God that I can use the machine and even thread the needle! There were months that I couldn’t thread the needle and the machine was awkward to use. God is great!

Our friend, Joan, brought ming cherries from Sam’s today. YUM! They are delicious and bring back precious memories of eating cherries with Ruthie and Phil two years ago as we went to and from the reunion in Dover, and the many cherries I ate with Judy in Houston last year when we were staying with them. It’s a blessing to have good times and then another blessing each time I’m able to recall the good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment