Saturday, August 2, 2008

Home safely!


Whew! We had a good trip home. It was cloudy some to give us a break from the sunshine, but it was really beautiful the whole way. We got home around 3:30, so we got unpacked pretty quickly and had dinner at home. I’ve still got to unpack my suitcases, but I got the food all put where it belongs and all the other ‘stuff’ that travels with us.

The picture on the blog today is Raynie in full form; marching around with her favorite baby under her arm! Trish said she is pretty much back to her normal little self. She doesn’t want to be held all the time; she’s happy to wander around and entertain herself (get into things). Yesterday she had TWO bottles of breast milk, so Trish is very relieved. She really felt that she needed the nourishment, so she’s really happy that she’s taking it. Up until then she really didn’t want to drink anything. I guess her mouth and throat were pretty sore, but they must be back to normal. Praise God!

We thank God for our safe trip to Houston and home, too. I surely thank Him for my good report. Now it’s time for me to get busy researching lymphedema and start attacking it. God takes good care of me, so I’d better do my part!

2 comments:

  1. The picture of Raynie with the nurse is priceless! I wish I could have been there! Garrett was so proud of his little cousin Raynie when he came home! He told me ALL about how well she was doing! He was worried about her not eating/drinking much....then I reminded him of how little he ate/drank when his tonsils were out and then he was like "oh yeah"...We are so pleased all is good!

    We are all getting back to our schedules! I got in at midnight the other night and we picked up G from the airport yesterday. Elena has been so happy to be back with her brother and her daddy! The cats and dogs are just a HUGE bonus to her!

    Love to everyone!
    Jilly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Jilly! Yes, I think that picture is priceless! How sweet of Garrett to be concerned about Raynie, but I'm sure he could understand better than anyone having had his tonsils out recently!

    I'm glad you all are home and getting back into your normal schedules. We're doing that around here, too.

    I know Elena misses all the attention she got in New York, but home is always the best. I know her Daddy is sure glad to have you all home!

    We sure miss and love you all!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete