Friday, August 29, 2008

Tiny picture; terrific Terri.

This little tiny picture is the best I could come up with for my sweet little ‘sister.’ We adopted each other after the Orlando Itazuke reunion several years ago. She lives in Texas, but we keep in close touch and we dream that we’re sisters, so for all practical purposes we are. I’ve put her picture on the blog before, but I wanted to put on a different one today, so I scooped this one out of one of my snap shots from a reunion. She sent me this great quote today, and I want to share it:

“Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says... 'Oh, shoot....she's awake!!'”

I love that. It makes me smile and have a new lease on the concept of crawling out of bed in the morning. If it makes Satan shudder, then I’m good with it even if I’d like to sleep until noon.

I thank God for Terri in my life. She’s not only an angel, but she shares great baggage; her mom was precious and she has a great brother who keeps us in stitches. I’m told a good belly laugh adds years to your life and Mike is good for MANY belly laughs. Terri and I might live to be a hundred if Mike keeps entertaining us. Thank you, Terri, for sharing your precious family and for coming up with great quotes like this one you sent today. Besides, she sent me the book,” The Shack,” which is one of my all time favorite books. I recommend it.

I’m working to get the rest of the herbs and vitamins packaged. I’m almost done. I think we’ll be able to get out of here early Tuesday morning. I thank God for the freedom to change our schedule and the opportunity to take advantage of time to see the kids and friends.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing picture of "terrific Terri"! As I debated about reunion, I did think of how fun it would be to see her again and her beautiful smile! I like the quote too...I have a similar one in front of my bible: "Live in such a way that the preacher can tell the truth at your funeral"! Also one beside it that says "It is when we forget ourselves that we do things that will be remembered"....how true!
    Tell Terri hello for me, and if Fran does a reunion in Nashville, maybe I'll make it!!

    Love U,
    Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I again Jo,
    You are so lucky to have a good friend like Terri. Was nice reading about her and her brother.
    The previous blog showed the three pictures, 2006, 2007 and 2008. I loved them all even the "no hair." You were always coming up with a hat or two that was special, so we would wonder what would be next. My very favorite is the new curly locks. Truly a wash and go hair-do. Your description of the swim suit makes me wonder what you are doing to the suit. I am wondering why you don't just wear a T-shirt under it to protect your skin. Anyway, hope you all have a great trip in Vegas as well as the reuion. Take care and know you are though of far more than you can imagine. Much love,
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruthie, we were sure hoping you'd make this reunion! We're going to have so much fun! Terri will miss you, too, but I'll sure tell everyone hello for you. We'll work on Fran!

    Thanks for your quotes, too. They're winners, too.

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Evelyn, I've been blessed with awesome family and friends! Terri is such a sweetheart and we're so close.

    Thanks for liking these locks. I'm so thrilled to have any hair! It sure is a wash and go, do. Even a sweat and go, do! If it gets flat from sleeping on it, I just spray a little water on it and it draws right up into curls, again. It's so cool! I'm amazed with it and so grateful for it!

    Most of all it's so nice and warm, so I don't need the hats! The hats were fun, though, so I was grateful for them, too.

    That's so funny that you think I should wear a t-shirt under my swim suit. I guess I could wear one OVER my swim suit! I honestly never thought of it! I just thought I should rig my suit, and set about to do it. It worked, so I've been rigging all of them. I'm sure they look goofy, but after being bald nothing seems too goofy. I wear those knee bands, too, so I'm so used to looking funny.

    In fact, today I did my walking at 7 and the kids next door were up since they're usually up for school by then. They saw me walking and doing my exercises with my cane and said to their dad (our preacher), "Come look at Jo! What is she doing?" He told her I was doing old people exercises. HA! Don told her I was just going around town 'raising cane.'

    So, I'm accustomed to looking goofy. I think a t-shirt would get in my way swimming, but I might try it. I sure should have thought to try it before I went to all this trouble! Before I enter into another big project I'm going to ask you for a simple idea!

    Thanks for keeping us in your thoughts. We think of you, too!

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete