Sunday, August 24, 2008

God bless America!


This picture is me doing an exercise today. My days are made up of exercising it seems. It’s good for me, and I thank God for the ability to do it.

Today I got up and walked by myself because Don sometimes likes to sleep in on Sundays. I miss him, but I enjoy walking by myself because I take my own route, which is closer to the house in case I have to make a quick pit stop. Also, when I walk by myself I take my cane with me and can do all of my cane exercises as I go. That gets them done so I don’t have to do them later at home. There are pros and cons to walking alone. I’d rather walk with him, but I make the best of it when I have to walk alone. He won’t walk when it gets cold, so I’ll have to be good at walking alone then.

Speaking of my cane; I have to tell you that yesterday we went over to David and Dorothy’s house to cut their hair and we saw a cane that David is whittling. Dorothy said he was making it for Joe and I thought she meant his brother-in-law who has recently had surgery on his foot. Today, after church, we went to the Mexican restaurant and she mentioned the cane he’s making for ME for when I walk by myself. He’s worried that a dog will get after me and he wants me to have a good stick to use to defend myself! I was floored! The stick is beautiful, and I am in such awe that he would make it for me! What a sweet gesture and it will be a treasure to me. I told him I want to hang it on the wall because it’s so beautiful! I’ll take a picture of it for the blog when he’s done with it.

My day was made, again, when Diana Clark called today telling me that it looks like they’re going to get to leave Kazakhstan in time to make it to the Vegas reunion. I went to school in Japan with Bob and they live down the street from us, here, now. They are working in Kazakhstan for a temporary job and it was looking like they weren’t going to get home in time for the reunion, so this was really good news to me. I thank God that they are safe; it’ll be so good to have them home, and it’s an even better treat to have them get to make it to the reunion. They should get the ‘came the farthest’ award!

The Olympics are over. It’s been a pleasure to watch them and made for many proud times. I thought I might bust a gut last night as I strained to help Sonia Richards pass the Russian girl to win the gold medal in the women’s relay! And, I think I’m exercising! God bless America!

No comments:

Post a Comment