Thursday, August 28, 2008

Compare 2006, 07, and 08.

2006


2007

2008
The pictures on the blog tonight are taken of me over the last 3 years. The first one was taken in July of 2006; the next one was August 25th of 2007, and the last one was yesterday. I think it’s interesting to see how I have evolved. I think my hair came back about the same color, although it has some blonde hues now. It definitely has CURL! I’m just so glad to have hair. I think it’s obvious that God has a sense of humor and is very generous. I’m so glad to be alive. I’m also grateful for a digital camera to help me keep track of this experience. I thank Don for taking the pictures, too. He’s come a long way. He used to only smile for a camera, but now he even makes me smile for the camera!

I am feeling great; every bit as good as I did in the summer of 2006 before all of this cancer experience started, and maybe better. Actually, I’m sure there was cancer in my body at that time; we just didn’t know it. It’s been an interesting adventure and I just thank God that I’ve survived. I thank you all for your support.

We got an email from Jeff today telling us that Jessie has a tournament the week end before we get there, so we’re planning to leave a week early and make that tournament. So, I’m in a scurry getting things ready to go. The biggest issue is getting our vitamins and herbs sorted, ‘thrown,’ and packaged to go. I sorted them and ‘threw’ them today; I’ll get them packaged tomorrow. Whew! I’m excited to be going early, though. I’m really looking forward to this trip. I thank God for opportunities and the freedom to change.





4 comments:

  1. And this just proves that YOU get better with age MaryJo...you have never looked better. dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are cute as a button! You look great and I'm glad you feel great. It must be all that exercise! I hope you have a wonderful and safe trip. Enjoy.
    Love,
    Wendy's Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Dana, you are sweet music in my life!

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Becky! I can only give thanks! It never seemed so awful as I was going through it, but I look back at my journal and then at the pictures and it really makes me grateful to have come through it all so well and, especially, to feel so good, now. I really give thanks! I sure thank you for your support, too, and hope things are going well for you, too.

    Love,

    Wendy's Jo

    ReplyDelete