Friday, August 22, 2008

Happy Birthday, Bob Clark; you caught me!




This is another of my exercise pictures. The green band; I started with a blue band, but I broke it. I get right after those bands! I don't like these exercises, but this is one of my favorites. Somehow it's kind of fun. I think I can do it in the car, so that'll be good. There are several I can do in the car, using this, so that's good.


Today is Bob Clark's birthday, so he's caught up with me. He's on the other side of the world right now, but I'm sure hoping he makes it home in time for our reunion in Vegas.

I'm writing this the night BEFORE we leave for Kansas, but I'm thinking it's going to be very late when we get home and I'll ask Trish to post this one for me. I just do them ahead of time and leave the drafts for her to post for me. I hope it will work. (Okay, we made it home and I posted this myself. It's midnight, so we're going to bed. I'll report details about this trip tomorrow, but the bottom line is that it was a great trip; everyone is good and I love the sleeve.)


This is the day for my appointment to have my arm measured for a sleeve and and my hand for a glove. These are compression garments that help to keep my arm and hand from swelling. I've HATED the wrap, so I'll be so glad to get the sleeve and glove. I don't think I'm going to love either of them, but I think they'll be better than the wrap. I know I need the help, so I sure hope the glove and sleeve are better than the wrap. It'll take about 10 business days to get them back, so I just hope we get them before we leave for Vegas or I'll have to be using the wrap a lot. Whatever I have to do, I can do it. I believe that the exercises and massage help more than the wrap, so I am a beast after the exercise and massage!


I thank God that I don't have a job that keeps me tied up so that I have the freedom to exercise so much. Of course I love the freedom for doing all the other things we enjoy like traveling to see family, too. We are truly blessed in so many ways. Thank you, God. This is also the day that we'll get to see Tricia's family, and then go out to eat with Trish, Rob, and Davy before we go to see the documentary. Thank you, God, for this opportunity.

2 comments:

  1. The hair is beautiful!!! I love it! I love the mascara too! It's just enough! You are perfect in every way....even without hair or mascara! Love you mom!

    Jilly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, Jilly, you make my day! Every day I wish for you as I wonder what to do with this hair. There is really nothing I can do with it except enjoy it. I wonder what I will do if it goes straight after I'm so spoiled; then I'll sleep on it and flatten a place and I think, "Uh-oh. I was afraid of that!" Then I just put a little water on it and it draws up into curls, again. It's like magic! How fun! I'm letting it grow because I don't know how to cut curly! We'll see what happens. It reminds me of when you were about 3 and I gave you a perm and you had ringlets all over your head.

    You're so sweet to love me any old way; that's how every day is! Any old way! I enjoy the mascara, but I like the freedom of not having to wear it.

    Sure love and miss you,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete