Friday, August 15, 2008

The heart rock.

The picture on the blog tonight is another really sweet one! This rock is a ‘heart rock’ that Don had drug home for me to put in my flowerbed out back. I had quite a collection: the heart rock, an Oklahoma rock, a Louisiana rock, an Alabama rock, etc. I used them for stepping-stones and really loved them. After I started having health problems I knew I had to let some things go and I decided to let the gardening go. I do a very little gardening, but I used to spend hours out there in the yard. I so wished that someone would appreciate those rocks like I did. I loved just finding them, but it was even more special that Don would bring them home for me. My good friend, Joan, and I would go hunting them and we’d bring home what we could carry, but some like the heart rock were too heavy for even the two of us to carry. Farmers around here liked to turn us loose in their pastures to get rid of the big rocks for them. Anyway, last year when Ruthie and Phil were visiting Phil liked my rocks and was happy to take them home with them. I am so thrilled at how he has presented the heart rock in their garden! Their daughter gave them the figurine representing the two of them and they go so beautifully together. This makes my day! Probably I haven’t explained it well enough for you to understand the bond this makes, but it’s really special to me. Thank you, Phil and Ruthie for sharing love of God’s simple things and for keeping the appreciation going in such a beautiful way. (That rock is probably 3 feet by 2 feet at least.)

I’ve had the wrapping off my arm for several hours, so it’s time to wrap it again and go to bed. We’re up watching the Olympics, again. Wow! Go USA!

Thank you, God, for my sister and her precious husband and family. Thank you for rocks to bring us pleasure, too and thank you for friends and a husband who share the joy with me. Isn’t it great that in a world full of all kinds of people we can find some who enjoy the same things we do? Thank you, God.

No comments:

Post a Comment