Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Physical therapy is under way.

The picture on the blog is one we took of Dorothy with Raynie when Raynie was 2 months old, so it was 11 months ago! Sweet Raynie was happy to sit in Dorothy’s sweet, loving lap! I put it on to remind you of Dorothy and to let you see how far sweet Raynie has come! Dorothy is spending the nights with us while David is in the hospital. David is about the same today. I guess it takes a while to turn this pneumonia around, but he’s not getting worse, so that’s good.

My appointment with the therapist went really well today. She massaged me a bunch and had me do 15 exercises. I brought home a paper telling and showing me all the exercises I am to do. I am to do each of them for 15 times, twice a day. Don wants me to cut my walking to 30 minutes and do the exercises for the other 30 minutes. No way. I’m not giving up any walking! I’ll give up something else; anyway, I’ll work in time for the exercises. I am to go back once a week for now until we see how the exercises and massage works. I’m also to do massaging. The therapist highly praised my surgeon; she said she did a beautiful job on my surgery. I wonder how beautiful can it be when both breasts are gone? I guess I should see a bad job, huh? Anyway, I’m grateful. I’ve never been anything but grateful to my surgeon and I thank God for her expertise! I also thank Him for the therapist and her expertise. I totally trust her and appreciate her.

I so thank Don for his awesome support through the surgery and my recovery and now this lymphedema. Our friend, Joan, called me the other day to remind me that I’m married to an exceptional man. She said, “I was thinking what an exceptional guy he is and thought I should just call and say that because so many times you think things and never get them said. He’s not only good to you, he’s good to everyone.” She’s so right! I am blessed and I thank God for him and for friends and family who agree with me and appreciate him.

We are enjoying having Dorothy here. She’s just like family. I know she’d rather be with David, but she really needs a bed for rest and her own healing. David insisted that she come home with us and not stay with him. She stayed with him all day. We’ll take her back first thing in the morning to check on David and then I’ll go with her out to her house to help her get a good shower and wash her hair, etc. before I bring her back to spend the day with him. She’ll stay with us until he goes home, I think. It’s fun helping to take care of her and I thank God for the opportunity. She and David make our lives richer. So do you.

No comments:

Post a Comment