Friday, August 8, 2008

Remembering the water battle!

The picture on the blog tonight is Kyle (12), our grandson in Indiana. I took this picture after his and Ethan’s water fight with Sadie and Elise. They were all this wet. The girls were laughing too hard to stand up straight enough to get their picture made! This has to be one of Sadie’s favorite memories from the trip. (It was one of mine!)

David is doing better, but he has to stay in the hospital until they can get the culture back on his sputum that confirms they’re using the right antibiotic, and they want a clear X-ray. (Maybe Monday, and Dorothy will stay with us until he goes home; we’re loving having her!) He’s breathing much better and feels better. Dorothy spent the day with him, but we brought her home a little bit ago. We’re watching the Olympics opening ceremonies and then going to bed.

I got all my exercised done today. It takes about 30 minutes in the morning and then again in the afternoon. That sounds simple, but it’s hard to work it all into a day along with walking, and other things that need to be done. Today I got 3 loads of laundry done, so I feel good to have accomplished that.

I know that I am so blessed to be feeling so good. I’m sure the exercises and walking help me to feel better. I thank God that I can do it. I sure thank Him that I don’t have a job or family at home; I so admire the women who go through a cancer experience when they still have a job and still have kids at home. It’s been a blessing to only have to take care of myself and to have Don’s support all the way, as well as the support of all my family and friends. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment