Saturday, September 12, 2009

Bruce is growing so quickly!



This is a quick post. We've been 'playing' football all day, and I'm ready to crash. In the picture is our grandson, Bruce, who we've always followed around to be his baseball fans. He's getting so TALL, that I'm in shock. We've always been so proud of him; he's always needed an extra large t-shirt to cover his heart, but now an extra large will hardly cover his body. At 15 he's already 6 feet tall, so I guess he'll be 6'4" or more before he's through growing. I am in awe of all that height! Tomorrow I'll post a beautiful picture I got of his sister, Erica, with Don.


It was great fun to go to the OSU game, but OSU lost and we got wet in the rain. It wasn't an embarrassing loss, but a loss. Actually, I thought it was a good game, but what do I know about football? We came back from that game and watched more football in the media room in their new home. Then it hit Don that's we'd better hurry and get out of Norman before the OU game was over and we were bogged down in traffic, so we rushed off and our fun day came to an end. All good things must come to an end, but we can treasure the memories.


We are checked into a motel and tomorrow we'll go celebrate Mason's 9th birthday with him before we head for home. (I'm so glad we didn't opt to drive home tonight in the dark. Driving in the dark is not in our comfort zone anymore!) I thank God that we are this close to 8 of our 15 grandkids, so we can see some of them from time to time. We're so proud of all of them. How people manage without grandkids I can't even imagine. I think if you don't have any, you should borrow some!

No comments:

Post a Comment