Wednesday, September 16, 2009

My body is in Hobart, but my mind is in Hawaii.


I don't remember if I posted this picture back in June when it was made. I was so in a dither then because we were so busy seeing all we could and house-sitting at the same time. This was when Steve and Mary were with us in Hawaii and we went hiking around the beach at Mahukona. Great memories! I had to dig up a Hawaii picture because, while my body is sitting right here at home, my mind has gone to Hawaii! Bob called this morning and wants us to come back to house-sit for the month of January. That's WHALE SEASON, our favorite thing about Hawaii! So, of course, we can't resist it. I've spent all the time I could today looking to see what options are available for us. We want to stay as long as we can while we go and we have the timeshares we would use in Branson, so we can use them there instead, if I can make that work. We'll see what I can do.

In the meantime, things are hopping here. Steve and Mary will be here tomorrow night. They have done some research and found some great birding places around here and we're going to chase birds around here this weekend. That'll be fun. I've got tabouli and beans made, so we won't starve. Tomorrow I'm making chocolate chip pies that everyone except me will eat. I'll have some sugar free ice cream. Anyway, we'll be having a fun weekend with them here. We'll enjoy sharing our area with them. They visited us about 10 years ago before we moved into this house. We'll love having them here and showing them our favorite restaurants, etc. We'll have a great time here, but we'll be doing a lot of Hawaii talk, I'm sure!

We thank God for great friends everywhere we go and opportunities and health to do the going. We always miss home when we go, but the going is so wonderful. We thank God for home, too.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, it is time for me to become an official follower since I begin my day with reading your latest news. If that is okay with you, tell me how it can happen. Love, Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann, you are such a sweetheart and I'm so glad to hear from you. It warms my heart to know that you start your day reading our news. I'm sure we are so boring, sometimes, but it's good to know there are folks who care enough to keep up with us. I know you've got plenty on your mind, so it's encouraging to know that you have a space in there for us.

    Now, I think all you have to do is go up to where the followers are listed and there is a box you can click that says follow. I think it takes care of it for you. I follow a couple of other blogs, but I don't remember for sure how I did it! You might want to click on the subscribe by email link right beside where you "Post Comment" and "Preview." I think that sends the blog to your email so you don't have to go find it when you want to read it. Good luck! I hope this simplifies reading the blog for you.

    Love you heaps and gobs,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete