Monday, September 28, 2009

Congratulations, Nate!


This may look like a regular kid, but he's the new Battalion Commander at Northwest Classen High School ROTC in Oklahoma City. He's a real regular kind of guy in many ways, but he's some kind of special dude to have this honor. He started at NWC in his Sophomore year, so this is only his 3rd year in ROTC and this is the first time in the history of ROTC at NWC that a 3rd year student has been named to this position. I could list a whole million ways he is special, but I'm the grammy and I count everything, including that he likes my pie. It's pretty cool that the staff at NWC thinks he's special, too. Congratulations, Nate; you make us very proud!

Today was another gorgeous day! We started a new thing, interval walking. Don read that we should walk for 4 minutes and then for 30 seconds increase our speed to build up our heart rate. We walk pretty fast already, so we really couldn't imagine walking faster. So we jogged for 30 seconds. I didn't think I could jog, but I did make it for 30 seconds after 4 minutes to 'rest.' I pretended I was running to a shelter from a tornado, carrying a grand baby; so, I had to do it. My knees cooperated and I managed to not fall on my face. We'll see if I can walk tomorrow. We cut about 5 minutes off of our regular walk, so that was interesting. If it was hot I don't think I could have done it. But we'll get better by the time it gets hot, again, so maybe I can do it even then.

My next big challenge today was installing the MagicJack that came today. It's a gadget that lets me make long distance phone calls for free, using the computer. Cool! And it works! Woohoo! Our number is 405-241-6306, so if you're in the 405 area code you can call us for free, too. It took me a couple of hours to do a 3 minute sort of thing, but that's how I do things these days: the LONG way.

Then I spent the rest of the day figuring out how many herbs and vitamins we need to order to have for the next 7 months. That'll get us through our next trip to Hawaii and spring break in Branson as soon as we get home. Whew. That was exhausting and expensive! It's done, though, and I thank God for getting me through this day in one piece. I feel good and I thank Him for that, too. Now, I'm going to bed and give thanks for my great bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment