Saturday, September 5, 2009

More beach houses.


If you click to make this picture big you might be able to read the sign on the tree. It says, "Aloha. Private Property. Beware of falling coconuts. Mahalo." Mahalo means thank you. I always smile when I see these signs. I guess it may help them with liability issues if someone gets konked on the head by a coconut. It always strikes me as meaning that if you get on their property they'll kill you with a coconut. Remember I said Hawaii law says you have to allow public access to the beach, but that doesn't mean people have the right to roam around your property; just the beach. This was one of the houses that was no mansion, but, obviously, it's a very nice place. There was a girl on the beach in a lawn chair and reading a book when we walked past her. When we came back, she was still there. There was also a small herd of wild goats, and I asked her if they were her goats. She said they were just a wild herd. I asked if she lived there and she said, no, the house belonged to her family and she was just there relaxing. I'll post the picture including her, the house and the goats some day soon. It was cool to see someone and to get some answers about the house. We walk past these places and wonder if people live there or what. Notice another house next door to this one, to the left? It's plainer, but remember LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION!

Speaking of location, our location is cool today. I guess the reason it was warm last night is that the guys had it off while they worked on it yesterday. Today it's been 75 all day, right where we have it set. I am so grateful for it and that it is WORKING!

Trish, Nate, Sadie, Mason, Grace and Raynie are coming this evening. Rob and Gabe have gone to the lease to hunt. I'm making chocolate chip pies for them to have while they're here and we'll save some to send home for Gabe and Rob. it's fun getting ready for them and anticipating their arrival. They'll go home Monday after lunch, so it'll be short, but it'll be so nice to have them. We're going to play cards, cards, cards, I hope! This is 5 of 15 grandkids, so that's not bad. We need these fixes and we thank God for them. I hope I can get some pictures to share with you, but I tend to forget about the camera when they are here.

No comments:

Post a Comment