Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Happy September!



This picture is one I took of a Jackson chameleon when we were at the Hilton one day. This girl works there and she was wearing him. They are not allowed to touch the creatures, but they can't stop the creatures if they want to climb on them. So she was walking around showing him to everyone. These creatures go around the island on the loose, but we never saw one except here at the Hilton. Bob told us he'd seen one in his yard, but I'm glad we never saw one. It was interesting to see him, but he doesn't look inviting at all to me. She said that he can turn really brown when he's on a tree trunk and he's really hard to see. When he's this color he's pretty content. I think they are new to the island; we had never seen them before this trip.


Things are getting back to normal around here. We went to David and Dorothy's tonight and played cards. The girls won 2 out of 3 games, so that was fun! Don and I have walked the last two days; it's not nearly as fun as walking on the beach, but not nearly as hard as walking in the rocks on the rocky beaches, either! We miss the sound of the waves and the beautiful waters of Hawaii. We thank God for the opportunities we've had to enjoy it as much as we have and for the ability to walk wherever we go!


I'm counting down the days we have until we have AC, again! Tomorrow is our last full day. Thursday they'll be here putting in the new unit, but it will take all day so that counts as a 2nd day. I really hope it will be running and cool by the time they leave Thursday night and that is their goal, but if they run into any complications, it could run into Friday to complete it. That's okay. I'm just glad they're getting it done this week! Woo Hoo! My sister reminded me that we never used to have AC when we were growing up. She also reminded me that there are tons of people today who still don't have AC (and need it). She's right and it makes me give thanks even more that we can live without it but we don't have to live without it! It's sure nice to be comfortable, and it's great to have a sister to help you keep your head straight!

No comments:

Post a Comment