Thursday, September 10, 2009

New cell phone day.



This is precious Sadie as they were leaving to go home on Monday. She is a tad taller than me these days and we wear the same shoe size. She's only 12, but she's so grown up that I forget she's only 12 until I think about it.


Today has been another hairy technological challenge. We've been on a family plan with Trish and Robert with our cell phones for the last several years and our contract was up, so we decided to do something different. We were looking to do something that would allow us to use the cell phone connection to use the laptop for high speed service when we travel, but that was way more money than I wanted to pay. So, we got to searching and decided to go with the TracFone. Man! All the research is driving me crazy! Trish did all the research for the last many years and we just piggy backed with them. Now, I'm looking at all this and it's wild! The technical aspect of getting all the phone numbers plugged into the new phones, etc.is another trip! That's just going to have to wait until tomorrow. My brain is so scrambled tonight. We have the new phones; we have the new service; our phone numbers are the same; so you can call us and we'll answer. I just don't know how to call using these phones, yet. I'll figure that out tomorrow. I'm at home; if I need to call anyone I'll use the land line.


Otherwise, today was a good day. We walked and it was cooler than usual, so it was a great day to walk. My big toenails that I lost after chemo came back ingrown, so they have been really hurting me. I found my battery operated nail file today and was able to file my toenails right and it really relieved the pain. I hope you don't find this disgusting, but it's an issue directly related to the breast cancer, treatment and recovery. Who would have thought that my big toes would be such an issue? Trust me, when your big toes are hurting it's hard to be calm and relaxed about anything, and it's hard to walk an hour every day! If you've never had experience with an ingrown toenail, you don't know that they need to be filed so that there is the shape of a V on the end of the nail. I really couldn't get to my big toes at the right angle to file them like that with a regular file. The battery operated one did the trick so nicely. I can't believe they already don't hurt. I hope it lasts! (I haven't done my nails in a french manicure since before chemo, so I'd forgotten that I even have that fancy filer. Everything that touches skin or nails goes into the body and I don't trust that not to cause cancer, so my nails go natural. I just clip them and file them with a little glass file. I'm a little paranoid.)
Today I'm especially thanking God for reminding me of that battery operated file. I know He led me to it, because it was so out of my mind; I hadn't used it in 2 years. It really was a big help. It amazes me how God takes care of me in all the big and little ways and I so thank Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment