Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Please pray for David's recovery.



This picture I took last Saturday morning when we went with Steve and Mary to Quartz Mountain Park, which is about 20 miles from here. It was so cool. We saw more deer than we could count, but this bunch we could count! If you click on the picture and make it big I think you will be able to see patches of fawn spots on the hips of the little ones; at least the little one the most to the right. The one closest to the doe was nuzzling the doe to nurse. We were going birding, but we were appreciative of the deer shows we got!


Today David woke up having (more than common) trouble breathing, so they took him to his doctor, who put him right into the hospital. After running some tests they determined that he was headed toward pneumonia, so they've started his antibiotics and hope to nip this in the bud so that he can bounce right back. Bless his heart; he's done well for the last several months. My theory is that all the stuff that has all of us with allergies in misery is bothering him, too. I'm taking a 24 hour allergy pill and I'm still using a ton of Kleenex and coughing. The Netti pot is my best buddy these days!


I spent the day working on our Hawaii tickets and schedule. We've got tickets on hold and we're on a waiting list for a condo in Maui. It's beginning to take shape. Needless to say, I'm excited. There is a lot to do before we go, so I've got my work cut out for me to get prepared.


I thank God that I can do all this. I get confused with all the travel details, but I CAN do it. This time 2 years ago I could never have worked out these details. I know that I am so blessed to be alive and functioning pretty well. I thank God every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment