Monday, September 14, 2009

No water!



Here's the beautiful picture I've been promising of Erica and Don. No wonder he's smiling so big! Erica is a freshman at OSU (Oklahoma State University) this year. She's been grown up since she was 2. Ha! It was so good to see her this weekend.


Today we woke up with no water in the house. There was no water anywhere in town; a pump broke down or something like that. They had it fixed before lunch, though, so it wasn't a big deal. It was a big reminder, though, that we must count our blessings and not take such important things like water for granted. We had that reminder about AC, now water. I'm not crazy about these reminders, but I am pretty crazy about the conveniences! I thank God that our lives are really pretty good, even when they are complicated.


We went out to walk today and got less than a block when we were feeling sprinkles. We had gotten wet at the ballgame on Saturday, so we weren't too excited about getting wet as we walked. Plus, if we walk in the rain it's also slippery and we are really gun shy of falls. So, we turned around and came back home. I gave thanks for the treadmill and used it! My ingrown toenails are all better, by the way. I was able to trim them out of my toes and they don't hurt a bit. I'm giving thanks for that every day; what wonderful relief!

No comments:

Post a Comment