Tuesday, September 8, 2009

My last paint job.



This picture is Mason holding his prize he found here. It's a beautiful dragon fly. (Too bad it's dead.) He left it here, but I've saved it for him and have it ready to take to them this weekend. This weekend is his birthday. He'll be NINE. I can't believe he's that old, already!


Today Don was my hero and vacuumed the whole house for me, so the house is really good! It feels good to have it totally clean. We came home from Hawaii to mice and their messes, plus no heat. I cleaned all I could as I went, but it was really hard to do a good job without air conditioning! We've gone over everything, now. We didn't leave it dirty, but you know that dust happens in 3 months and then there were the mice! I couldn't rest good until everything was clean. Now, everything is clean.


Not only is it clean, but I painted today, too. The furnace closet needed painting because the new furnace fits differently. There were places that the old furnace covered that didn't make the last paint job, so that really needed painting. There had been a huge hole in the ceiling for the other furnace and they put in new sheet rock to fill that hole, so that needed painting. I don't know what made me think I should paint it, but I did think that so I did it. I won't do that, again! I'll know next time that there is someone out there who paints for a living and I'll find him or her. I lived through it, and it feels good to have it done. It also smells good. Actually, it smells like paint, but that has a fresh sort of smell. While I had the paint out I touched up a few places around the house, the whole time giving thanks that the whole place is old fashioned white. Old fashioned is okay with me because it was easy to cover smudges and worse. Clean; I like that!


Now, my back is really mad at me, again. Also my feet and legs are mad at me. So, I'm headed to the jiggler and then bed. I thank God that I can do this crazy stuff and I ask Him to remind me of my limits because I forget! I guess I think I'm still 25. I have so much trouble counting! Ha! I recognize the counting problem. Now, if I can just remember that I can't paint!


We even walked and voted today. I sure thank God that I can walk. I am so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment