Thursday, September 3, 2009

It's getting cooler!



This house is called the Bali House. It was built by some guy who has a ton of money from advertising for hair products, I think. I forget who he is, but he had all the wood brought from somewhere else to build it. Then when they got it to Hawaii it swelled up or something, so they had to make lots of adjustments. It's very interesting looking. Notice that deep 'gravel' beach; man that makes it so hard to walk! I'm so happy to have been there to see this house, though. Most people who go to Hawaii never see stuff like this because it's not on the main road and they don't have time or energy to do the hiking it takes to view these things. We love this kind of thing, so we're so pleased to be able to go for a month or two at a time; how blessed we are! This house is not far from the one I posted yesterday, both on Kiholo Bay.


The big blessing today is that the AC unit is in and RUNNING! The temperature outside is 73, but it's only down to 84 in here. They just cranked it on about an hour ago. It's got a big job to pull all the heat out of this house after it's been heating up all summer. Yesterday it was 101 outside. Today it wasn't that hot, but the house has a lot of heat to give. It's going the right direction. It was 87 in here when they cranked on the new unit. I am so grateful! They have to come back in the morning to set up the furnace. It's in, but it's not working yet. I think they have some other final things to do, too. The important thing is that they got the air cooling!
Today I cleaned the pantry where the mice had gotten into Don's can of peanuts. I had thrown out the can of peanuts and gotten all that was easy to see as soon as we got home. I kept smelling their odor, though, so I pulled everything out and cleaned the shelves; threw away a bunch of stuff; cleaned the rest and put it all back like it belongs. It felt good. I really think they are gone. Those little monsters had drug out peanuts and stashed the skins everywhere in there.


I vacuumed the basement stairs really good and then vacuumed the Florida room. The basement stairs don't get a lot of attention from me, but I wanted them clean in case the kids come this weekend. They'll go to the basement a lot. It was cooler outside than it was inside today, so I propped open the outside door and cleaned the Florida room. It really needed it because it sure doesn't get a lot of attention from me and the spiders had been busy building webs out there. So, I got some deep cleaning done today and it feels good.


My legs and back are really mad about today, though. I'm headed to some time on the Power Plate and Jiggler and then a good bath. Ah. I thank God for home, my exercise equipment, and cool air!

No comments:

Post a Comment