Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Back is out for a day or two.


Today we went to Mackenzie State Park. It's about 5 miles from Harry's house and one of our favorite spots on the Island. We had no clue if the tide was in or out until we got to the edge of the cliffs and we could see that it was OUT. If you look at this picture, you can tell by the markings on the cliff where the water often comes and it was not there when we were there at all. We saw this cool sort of cave and hole in the cliff, so I asked Don to take a picture getting that and me, standing at the top of it all. This kind of topography is so fun for us! Tomorrow I'll post a picture of one of the waves crashing into our favorite spot here. Tom and Linda, watch for it; you'll remember it! We miss you two!

We took a hike out by Issac Hale park, but it wasn't tough; good thing! Then we went to Mackenzie State Park and enjoyed a picnic lunch and an easy walk. We had pulled weeds in the yard yesterday and my back wasn't up for anything tough. It was wonderful to have something easy to do nearby. Who would have thought that pulling weeds would throw out my back? It wasn't the pulling, it was the bending. We didn't have to do it; we were just enjoying being outside and doing something constructive. I'll leave the rest of the weeds for Harry and his Round Up, but I'm pleased with the patch I cleared. God is so good; He made us so that we can heal with a couple of days of rest, so I think I'll be lots better tomorrow. PTL!

4 comments:

  1. What a cool picture Maryjo...I didn't even see little ole you at first

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jo & Don! Oh, today's picture does not do justice to Mackenzie State Park. Without the waves crashing against the bluff all turquoise, aquamarine, sea green, blue, and all the beautiful water colors one can imagine, your position looks treacherous. The bluff looks all crumbly. Wonder how high up the cave goes behind the bluff? Be careful. Don't do anything I wouldn't do! Ha. Have fun, miss you two, Merry Christmas, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dana, I thought you'd like this one.

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda, you're so right, this picture doesn't do Mackenzie State Park justice. No picture I can take can show how beautiful it is and how we were dreaming of bringing lawn chairs and a picnic and spending the day here. It is so gorgeous!

    This wasn't dangerous, though. I was plenty far back. You can see the back of the cave from the picture. It was so incredible looking because the tide was out and you could see it so clearly.

    We really miss you because you're the only ones who have shared this part of the island with us. You have a wonderful Christmas there and give Betty a gentle hug for me!

    Love you,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete