Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Trip to the zoo.

Publish Post
The picture tonight is Harry's house. It's like a resort here; beautiful!

Today has been busy. We took Harry to the airport and dropped him off around 10. Then we went by Safeway and got potatoes, which I forgot the other day. Then we stopped at the zoo in Hilo on our way home. It's a very nice zoo; not so big that it wore us out to walk through. I got through with only 4 mosquito bites, so that's pretty good for the rain forest. And, it didn't rain on us! Plus, it was Monday, so the zoo wasn't crowded; it was just a nice excursion.

We came home and had lunch; then I spent the afternoon cooking so I won't have to cook every day. I baked chicken and then sliced it and put it into the freezer. I made biscuits and put them into the freezer too. In the morning I'll make a batch of gravy to go with the biscuits, so we'll be good for breakfast for a while.

So, I've been on my feet a lot and I'm tired. Don has already had a shower and I'm on my way for mine. If I'm not too tired when I get out we'll go do the hot tub before bed. I don't know if I can do it or now; we'll see if the shower invigorates me. God is so good to give us bodies that respond to rest!

Rejoice! Ruthie had her second back surgery today and did very well. I talked to Phil just as they had brought her back to her room. The doctor is very pleased with the job he was able to do, so they are on the road to recovery! She's supposed to be released to rehab tomorrow. I know that she is so relieved to get this surgery done; it completes what they did back in November. It's been a tough journey, but she's seeing light at the end of the tunnel, now. Thanks to Phil for being a great nurse for her and thanks to God for giving her the strength to get through all this.

No comments:

Post a Comment