Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The big splash!


Here's the picture I promised yesterday. You can still see that the tide was out by the stripes on the lava cliffs on the right. If the tide had been in, this crashing wave would have been so awesome; no doubt I would have done the happy dance. I was way pleased to get this one because it's so hard to click the camera at the right time to get the water before it falls! You can judge the size of the splash by the car parked up on the cliff. That's not a compact, car, either; it's a full size.

Today we didn't do any hiking. I'm giving my back some time off. We did go to the closest grocery store and got some more things. We felt the need for something special for Christmas, so we bought ingredients for cherry cobbler. That will be Don's treat and I have a pomelo that will be my treat. I thank God for such a fine fruit and the opportunity to get one from time to time. We can find them here, and of all places, we get them in Branson! (In case you aren't familiar with pomelos, google them. They are kind of a cross between a grapefruit and an orange and so yummy!)

God Bless you all and Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment