Friday, December 25, 2009

Mele Kalikimaka!


People wonder what one does on Christmas in Hawaii: we walked down to the coast and you can see behind me lots of people went to Kahena Beach! There were even guys where we were, and there is usually nobody there. Two guys were fishing, one guy was running and one guy rode his bike down to the edge of the cliffs and was sitting there doing yoga, I think. We keep watching for dolphins, but haven't seen any, yet. We'll keep looking!

It's been an easy day, here. We enjoyed our walk, then I gave Don a Christmas haircut. After our showers we'll go down for a sit in the hot tub. The weather is gorgeous and we're enjoying it!

My back is still really complaining about my session pulling weeds, but the walk today was good for me. I thank God that I can still move (and that I found Harry's stash of Ibuprofen to raid!). Ruthie is still recovering from her surgeries and she is in lots worse pain than I am, so I keep reminding myself to be grateful. She is slowly getting better, and we have high hopes that she'll be able to make a trip to the mountains in Gatlinburg the last week in February. It's a good goal for her. Then we have lots more goals for the rest of the year; there's our family reunion in June and then our high school reunion in September. We have big plans for her, so we just pray that her back will heal in time for her to get to do all this traveling.

Hope your Christmas Day was wonderful and that your new year will be great, as well. Thanks for keeping up with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment