Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas Eve!


This is a picture Don took when we went to MacKenzie State Park. I love all those ironwood trees and the needles they drop: it's like a carpet to walk there. I call it the storybook park.

I hate to post pictures of us at the beach and hiking in shorts and tank tops when everyone at home is freezing. It IS the white Christmas that we always dream of and sing about; this will be the Christmas to remember, I think! Lots of folks in our area at home don't have power, so that's such a drag. Many have gas heat, so they aren't cold. They don't have to worry about the food thawing in the freezer; all they have to do is take it out to the garage because it's about 20 out there.

Harry called today (we're staying in his house) to see how we're doing and to wish us a Merry Christmas. He said, "Are you doing anything special for Christmas?" Ha! We are in Hawaii, staying at a wonderful home; how could we do anything more special? Since it's only the two of us, we didn't plan any big special meal. We'll eat as we normally do. I did make pie crackers today; that's pie crust in strips. Then I heat up some cherry pie filling and Don puts the strips in a bowl and then pours on some pie filling and then tops it with more strips; he calls that cherry cobbler and it's easy, so I love it. Sometimes we just have pie crackers and I put sugar and cinnamon on them, but not this time. I don't eat that sweet stuff (although I would love it), so I'm having the pomelo for my treat tomorrow.

I thank God that everyone at home seems to be coping with the blizzard well and enjoying a white Christmas. I pray that the folks in the country near us get their power back soon!

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha...thats funny Maryjo, "you just hate to post pictures of you two in paradise"....now thats laughable. We feel warmer when we look at them. Even we have a white Christmas this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's pretty cool: a white Christmas most anywhere in Texas. Our kids are having so much fun with it in OKC!

    We're so glad to be missing the snow; it's wonderful here!

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete