Sunday, December 13, 2009

New coconut palms are planted all over the lava.

This picture is one I took last summer when we were here. These are laying all over the place on the lava fields. People put these coconuts out there so they'll take root and grow palm trees. It's working!

We spent today getting groceries for the next month. That was quite a task and then to put them up when we got 'home' . . . but it makes it easier for the next month to be prepared.

Our luggage arrived with us, so that's a good thing, too. In my checked bag I had a powder that I mix in water and drink every day to build my immune system. It came open (security?) in flight and spilled all in my suitcase. It won't stain or anything, but it's a mess to clean up. I'm still not done with it. I hope to salvage a good bit of it; I need to take it! So goes traveling, I guess. I look around and see ocean. I listen and hear sounds of Hawaii (Coqui frogs and Hawaiian mourning doves in the morning). I feel the warm air and gentle breeze. We spend time with friends who we thought we might never see again. It's all worth it; we love being here! I thank God to be so blessed and to have the health to enjoy this.

We're tired; jet lag, I imagine. We're so grateful to be here, safe and in such a comfortable, lovely home. We enjoyed spending the day with Harry. He'll be here tomorrow, too, and then we'll take him to the airport on Monday. We are blessed with wonderful friends and family and we thank God for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment