Thursday, December 3, 2009

Getting ready!


The picture tonight is Erica and her brother, Bruce. Erica is our oldest grandchild (19) and Bruce (15) is our tallest, at over 6'1" . . . the last time he was measured he was 6'1", but his dad is 6'l" and Bruce is taller than his dad. I took this picture last week when they were here for Thanksgiving. Precious memories! We thank God that some of our kids and grandkids live close enough to visit pretty often.

Today is really cold here and it's going to get down into the teens tonight. Oh, man, are we glad to be packing for the winter in Hawaii! We are spoiled to the warm weather and this cold is not a good place for us. I know I never want to get bronchitis again, because my body doesn't react well to the cold air. I cough something terrible. As long as I stay in where it's warm, I do pretty good, but the cold air is a real bummer.

I continue to get things ready to be gone for a while. I'm pretty pleased with how it's all evolving. I put all my tax stuff into a folder and it's ready to go. I just have the end of the year numbers to add and I'm done. Whew; it feels good to be ready. I'm still working on what clothing we'll need. It's a little tricky to leave this cold weather to go to the 80's; we'll arrive looking like bears. The trick is layering, I think. (What we wear doesn't have to be weighed in the suitcases, either.

We have someone who is watching the house while we're gone, so that's a good thing, too. Of course our neighbors keep a close watch, too. It feels good to feel comfortable about leaving.

No comments:

Post a Comment