Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Happy Birthday Garrett, and Joe!


The picture tonight is one I took of Garrett when we were there a month ago. He was watching a movie and I got this picture. This is his, "I love you, Grammy, smile," not the one he wears to a wrestling match. :)

Today Don vacuumed all the carpets while I worked on details for our trip. I made copies of all the reservations we have and got them in order. I'm still working on our room in Oklahoma City the day before we leave for Hawaii. It gets tricky because we have to have Airport Express come pick us up at 4 in the morning. Details are the things I have the most trouble doing, but I'm getting there. It's all worth it.

My good friend wrote a devotional tonight on the internet about "Our Greatest Need is to Be Still." I think I might enjoy sitting still for our 15 hour flight to Hawaii. It doesn't take that long to fly to Hawaii, normally, but we're using frequent flyer miles, so we have to take the flights they offer us. So, we're flying to Atlanta; then to Los Angeles, and then to Kona. We've been lamenting over the flight to Atlanta, but I'm going to enjoy the 'sitting still' aspect of it. I'm going to coach myself along those lines. I'm going to copy this scripture and keep it handy as we fly: "Their strength is to sit still..." (Isaiah 30:7)

My cough is still nagging, but so much better. I am past the nasty coughing fits that make everyone think I might die of this fit. I just hack when I breath cold air. That'll quit when we hit the warm Hawaii air! Praise God!

No comments:

Post a Comment