Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Happy December!


The picture tonight is Susan and Erica, when they were here last Wednesday. Precious memories! Susan is married to our son, David, and Erica is their daughter who is a freshman at OSU. She's our oldest grandchild. We thank God for all our kids and grandkids; they fill our lives with joy and pride.

Today I climbed up in the attic and found our suitcases to take to Hawaii. (Don't worry; climbing up into our attic is easy. We have a pull down stairway out in the garage.) I also got together a bunch of stuff that goes, so the front bedroom has become the packing room. Always before I've packed in our bedroom and we stumble around it for days. I like the idea of having it all in the front bedroom so that it's out of the way, but I can go there and work on it when I have time. It's tricky to pack all we need for 3 months but keep it under 50 pounds. I learned last time that I'd better have a couple of outfits in my carry on bag in case my checked bag is lost for a week! The suitcase I took last time is breaking, so I think it won't make another trip.

I played Bunco for the first time tonight. It was fun. It was nice of them to ask me, since they play every month, and half the time I'm not here. We each took a toy to donate to children for Christmas and a favorite recipe, so we all came home with a handful of recipes. It was easy to learn, so be sure to go if someone invites you to play Bunco!

No comments:

Post a Comment