Friday, December 24, 2010

Borrowed: "A Gift for Everyone"


Tonight's picture is one Don took of me crashed on our bed in this condo. Maybe 62 is too old to be moving around like we used to do all the time? I'll be fine tomorrow! A good night's sleep is a wonderful thing!

My good friend, Travis Wiginton, writes a devotional from time to time and tonight I'm borrowing a bit of his writing. His wife, La Moyne, types them for him and sends notes, as well, so it's always so good to hear from them! I was so touched by what they sent, so I will close with it. When I grew up I was a picky eater and I left lots on the table when it came to food. I outgrew that and became greedy when it came to food, so I'm doing my best to quit eating too much. However, I think we leave so much 'on the table,' when it comes to God's blessings and that's a mistake. The things we like best about traveling and hiking is seeing all the different things that God has made. Coming through all the tough things in my life, I know that God was always holding me in His arms, but He does that ALL the time! We are so blessed!

This is what Travis wrote:

"There was a gift for each of us left under the tree of life almost 2000 years ago by Him whose birthday we are celebrating.

It was made possible:
~ by the incarnation (the real meaning of Christmas)
~ by the crucifixion (the real meaning of Good Friday)
~ by the resurrection (the real meaning of Easter).

This gift is withheld from no one.
~Some have left the packages unclaimed.
~Some have accepted the gift and carry it around....
but have failed to remove the wrappings and look inside to discover the hidden splendor.

The packages are all alike - wrapped up in Jesus Christ who is
~"the Way
~the Truth
~the Life".

In each package is written "All that the Father has is thine, take and live"!"

No comments:

Post a Comment