Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year!

Tonight's picture is one Don took of me as I get his burger into a skillet for supper tonight. That's a treat for him. I think his favorite meal is a hamburger and we've found low carb tortillas that we put his burger onto, so, with mustard, lettuce, pickle and onion, he feels like he's having a hamburger sandwich and he doesn't ruin his diet. So, that's our new year's eve celebration dinner. We're easy! Tomorrow Gina and the kids are coming, so that will be a great way to start the year! I pray they travel safely!

We woke up this morning to a call from the resort telling us we were under a tornado warning and we should either come down to the first floor or tune into channel 10 to keep updated. We had thunder and hard rain, but the tornadoes went around us. I thanked God! It reminded me of last year when we were in Maui and were awakened by the tsunami alarm and the loud speaker saying we should prepare to evacuate or tune into some channel for information. We did evacuate and the tsunami never happened. Those are rude awakenings, but I rejoice that we are safe.

Yesterday, I hope I didn't concern you because I had a tough day. Tough days happen. It's life. I have to be honest on this blog, though, so I tell it like it is. Surviving breast cancer is wonderful, but as long as we live there will be tough challenges. I guess it builds character and strength. I hope so. I thank God for believing I can overcome the tough stuff and giving me life.

2 comments:

  1. I hope all is well MaryJo. I'm always thinking of you. Things will get better they always do. Have a great time with your family.
    Love and hugs,
    Wendy's Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, sweet Becky! Thank you for your concern; I love your attitude and support. We're so looking forward to a bunch of our family coming today, so that's always a great boost of joy! Have great 2011. Things can't always be perfect, but we are really so blessed!

    Love you,

    Wendy's Jo

    ReplyDelete