Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Short on pictures!


Boo! This is a picture Don took tonight for me to send to a lady who does permanent make up, so it's me up really close. I don't want to look painted, but I mostly don't want to have to do the painting every day! So, I'm still contemplating this. Ha! I look at this picture and think I need to have some tucks taken here and there! I don't really care about those wrinkles, though. I do need some color, and I need it every day. If Gretta reads this she'll call me and come right through the phone to keep me from doing it. She doesn't read this, though, so I'm safe. I'm hoping they'll do it subtly enough that she won't even notice it. I told her I was thinking of it once and she said, "Mom! Don't you DARE do that!" She has a bracelet tattooed on her wrist and another couple of really pretty ones on her thigh or hip or something . . . I think a rose or a dragon fly? And she thinks I shouldn't have my face done? I think I can make this decision. Judy or Linda, I sure wish you were here to hold my hand, though! Ha, Judy, you talked me into going back to mascara and now I'm so hooked! Linda, you talked me into eye brows and I'm hooked on those, too. So even though neither of you are here in body, I'm taking you with me in spirit if I do it!

I thank God for the opportunity to care what I look like! I thank Him for giving me a chance to live several more years after a breast cancer diagnosis. I thank Him for letting me feel good enough to care if I look alive or not.

Today was busy. I'm doing lots of research on this permanent make up thing. It's not like placing an Avon order; this is permanent, so I've got to be sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment