Sunday, December 19, 2010

Survivor night.


Don is enjoying football; I'm posting the blog early to be sure I don't forget to do it, tonight. tonight is the 3 hour finale of Survivor. Survivor is one TV show that I enjoy watching, so I'll be consumed with it tonight.

This picture is one Don took of me to show you this condo. The laptop is on a table sort of between the kitchen and dining area and the living room. That red chair to my left is a recliner where Don sits to watch TV. Off the living room is a nice screened in patio that looks off over a little pond. They have all the shrubs all lit up with Christmas lights, so it's very picturesque.

Today we enjoyed going to church where we have gone so many times when we stay in Branson. We saw lots of people who are familiar to us and that was a blessing to us. It is cold, but not freezing cold. I was comfortable in slacks and a blazer; some weeks will require a coat and gloves and I'll still be freezing. I thank God that the wind doesn't blow here like it does at home. This kind of cold isn't bad when it's still. Wind makes it terrible, but it feels rather nice as it is.

At church this morning, one of the mover and shaker sort of people appeared looking like I did 3 years ago: bald and pale! I went up and visited with him after church and he was all smiles and so glad to be here. He's just finished his chemo and his hair is starting to return. Oh, man! Been there and done that! Thank God for his survival and mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment