Sunday, December 26, 2010

Nice fireplace.


Tonight's picture is one Don took of me last night, standing beside our 'fireplace' in this unit. It's pretty novel. It actually does put out heat and it has a flame that is adjustable; it's really not a flame, but it sure looks like one. The camera doesn't do it justice, but we're enjoying it.

Today we went shopping at Wal-Mart after church and that was a dumb thing. I had on heals, which I only wear to church. So I walked a blister onto one of my feet. I'm sure glad I don't have to wear those shoes, again, anytime soon. A blister is a nasty thing, especially for someone who walks everyday. Ugh. Maybe my tennis shoes won't hit on that blister, plus I have a supply of band-aids and a cushion I can put in that shoe to raise my foot up to where the blister won't get so much traffic. I just hate it when I do really dumb things like that!

It was cold here today, and we had a few little snow flurries, but we thanked God that we didn't have to struggle through snow. If we get snow, here, they usually do a really good job of clearing the roads, but we have no experience with snow, so we lay really low if it snows. Much of the east has snow, so we pray our kids and friends who are in snow are safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment