Thursday, December 16, 2010

Late, but finished the puzzle!


Every now and then we work a puzzle that is fun all they way, but usually, it was more like it was with this puzzle. There were many times that we threatened to take this puzzle to the dumpster. Many times there were comments like, "This puzzle is so frustrating!" Then, so many times we said, "I just don't think that piece is here." Another common comment was, "I don't think there are enough pieces here to fill in all these spaces." It felt so good to be DONE with it! I lost count of how many pieces we recovered from the floor along the way. It was a fun time, though. We got down to the last two holes that needed to be filled and I counted, "There must be 7 more pieces." Sure enough, I counted and the last pieces, that looked like they did not belong at all, were 7 pieces. We twisted them every direction until, indeed, they did fit and completed the puzzle. It's amazing how the mind works. We're looking for a piece that we know should be green and when we finally find the right one, it's brown or orange! It definitely is a lesson to me that things are not what they seem and certainly I make poor judgments, even when I am rested and paying close attention.

I apologize to anyone who missed my post yesterday! I have to have the computer over here at the rec center to post, and they close it at 8 p.m. I fixed our dinner last night and then we watched Survivor before I realized I had to be up here to post by 8. Survivor was over at 8, so I just didn't get here in time. I hoped you would all realize that I was busy having fun with Ruthie and Phil and just lost my scheduling attempt and never made it back over here.

We worked on the puzzle until a little after 11 to get it finished before Phil and Ruthie left this morning. It was sure wonderful to have them! Bless their hearts, they are easy to feed and entertain. We didn't make any attempt at entertaining; being together is all it takes to entertain all of us. Don and Phil are a couple of comedians, and Ruthie and I are an easy audience. We feed off each other's laughter, so we always have a great visit. We enjoy lots of memories from over the years with our family; Phil and Don have both been members of our family so long that we all enjoy the memories. I thank God for memories to treasure and time we can spend reliving them! I thank you faithful readers for patience with me when I miss a day of posting. I hope you feel my love coming through this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment