Monday, December 27, 2010

Slow around here.


Tonight's picture is one Don took of me at the table, here in our unit. There isn't much happening today. I love it when it's slow and easy like this!

It's very cold outside, but we don't have snow. We walked the hall this morning for 40 minutes, then we walked down the stairs 4 floors and back. Then later they called to tell me we had mail, so I walked down all 5 floors to pick up our mail and then back. So, we're getting some exercise. It's too cold to hike, but Thursday may be a warmer day and maybe we'll go walking in the woods. I'm thinking tomorrow I may go do a little shopping. It was nice to take it easy today. Don worked on the computer all morning, so I read my book. Then this afternoon I caught up on my emails and computer stuff. It's nice to not have any projects to do around the house, like throw herbs or cleaning, etc.

I spent much of today on the phone with people we love at home. A dear friend of Don's dad's passed away yesterday. She was 94 and left her husband who will be 98 on his next birthday. What a precious couple! We thank God for their love and their example in our lives. They have been blessed, and her death to a heart attack was simple. She had fallen 3 weeks ago and hospitalized for 2 weeks and they had moved her to the nursing home last week. She lived only a week there. God was kind to bring her home with no further complications. Certainly she will be missed and remembered by lots.

No comments:

Post a Comment