Friday, December 17, 2010

Celebrate a precious life.


Tonight's picture is one Don took of Ruthie and Phil and I before they left for home yesterday. We so enjoyed time with them! We took this picture because there was a shelf in their unit with all Japanese things on it! Ruthie and I spent 6 years in Japan and she met Phil there, so Japan is special to us!

We left Horseshoe Bend this morning and 'moved' to Branson. We are in a very nice condo, and settled, so we're looking forward to this week. The best thing is that we have WIFI right in the unit. That will be very convenient!

The sad thing was that when I checked my email I had a note from a good friends husband that she had passed away in her sleep on Sunday and her funeral was in Texas yesterday. If you've read the blog long, you will recall Ann Nelson sometimes posted comments. One time I put a picture of her on the blog in her red shirt because she joined me in wearing red on Fridays to support the troops. Ann's husband, Jim, went to Itazuke to school before I was there, but we met at the reunions. Then, when I did my treatments at MD Anderson, Ann was there for treatments as well. We grew closer and closer over the years and I considered her one of my best friends. She was a great encouragement to me and I thank God for the influence she had on my life. I celebrate her life and that I got to share some of it with her. I won't forget her. I hope you have people in your life that mean as much to you and that you will celebrate them, as well. I attempted to put a link to the picture I posted of Ann in her red shirt. I hope it works.

http://josnews.blogspot.com/2008/02/happy-red-shirt-day-ann.html

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. I know it's hard to loose a friend. I know you will keep her in your heart just as we have Wendy!
    Love,
    Wendy's Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky, you are so right! You know what it's like to lose someone who means so much. However, we have to thank God for the time we had with them and the support they were for us. Wendy was sure that for both of us. Ann was that for me, too. I thank God for these precious gifts. We still have the gift of each other, though, and we can live every day in honor of these people we loved so much.

    Love you, Girl!

    Wendy's Jo

    ReplyDelete