Saturday, December 11, 2010

Cool antiques!


Tonight's picture is one Don took of me today, here in the condo. This is a reading room off of our bedroom. It's pretty amazing; it has two walk in closets that are really huge. If I had a baby I'd make one a nursery. I'm struck with the decor here. We've noticed that this place is full of antiques. It's really a lovely place . . . just way out in the boonies. I'm getting used to going to the recreation center to get in touch with the outside world. It's really a good place to get away from the hustle and bustle of life. I finished a book I've been reading, and I was glad of that; it's not the best book I've every read and I'm glad to be done with it. I will donate it to their library and go home one book lighter. (I read a book one time and took it to the nearest dumpster as soon as I finished it. I kept hoping it would end right, but it didn't, so I trashed it. This one wasn't that bad; someone will enjoy it.) The last book I finished last week was great; I'm saving it for my sister. (The Street Lawyer by John Grisham.)

I even took a nap this afternoon. Relaxing is wonderful! The weather here is fine, too. It's brisk, but not too cold. Well a cold front came in a while ago and it's pretty cold and windy out there, now. God sure was good to give us diversity in our lives; I appreciate that. We went to an antique store today and I loved it. I was happy to let them keep all they had, but I did so enjoy seeing it. (Noted that I have lots of antiques at home; ha!)

2 comments:

  1. Are you staying in Blue Green resort or another one? We are heading to Florida and stops the first part of January so hope we have some warm weather...not bad in WV today but storm is on the way (so they say). Enjoy your peace and quiet.

    Love ya, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna, we're not at a Bluegreen Resort. We're staying at one we got through ICE Platinum Rewards. I should add you to our account. We can add 80 people at no charge, so send me an email with your street address and phone number and I'll add you. You might find a week or a cruise for a good price. This place is actually very nice. It just took a look the second day to realize that it's furnished in antiques and really decorated very well. My first look made me think it was just old and I had to adjust to not being able to even get dial up in the room. The old stuff is really very nice antiques and there are many very nice touches. We go to Branson Friday and won't be staying at a Bluegreen resort until Jan. 8; then we'll be a Bluegreen most of the winter after that, I think. We're going to get whatever hotweeks we can for the winter through Travelers Plus at Bluegreen.

    Have a good trip to Florida; hope you get some warm!

    Love you,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete