Saturday, December 18, 2010

Pomelo.

I looked it up and pomelo is the correct spelling. It's a fruit that I really enjoy and I can never get it at home. For some reason they have it around here. It's native to southeast Asia, but someone must ship it into here from California or who knows where. It's like a cross between an orange and a grapefruit. It's sweet. You don't need to sugar it. You just peel off the cover and then peel the segments and eat it. It's laborious, but it's worth it. This is a picture Don took of me with my pomelo when we first checked into the last condo in the boonies of Arkansas. I brought it with me from Lake Ozark; I never saw any in those boonies! I haven't seen any here, yet, but I usually find one before we leave.

We are enjoying this condo. We worked out at the fitness room this morning and we've been relaxing all day. Don has watched lots of football today and I took a good soak in the whirlpool tub. I love it when they have those and here I am with the time to soak! God is so good to me!

I have a quiche cooking that will last me all week for breakfast. We found a kind of bread that Don can have on his low carb diet, so that's a good treat for him, too. He's doing really well. It will be 8 weeks tomorrow and he's lost 20 pounds! He's starting to look skinny, but he won't quit until he's lost another 20 pounds and everyone will think he's sick. (That's not his goal, but it's my blunt way of stating it. I see the horror on people's faces and I field their questions about his health!) The last time he lost down so low Trish said, "Dad used to always be a big guy and now he's just a tall guy." He'll quit when he gets down to 200. Then we'll stick with our lifestyle change so that we never have to diet again!

No comments:

Post a Comment