Wednesday, February 23, 2011

See how his diet is working!

I had to punch two more holes in Don's belt last night. He's really doing so well on his diet. Jim Miller took this picture of us Saturday night. Check out those shirt buttons; no stress whatsoever!

Tonight is Survivor, which has become a comedy show with the crazy 'former FBI agent' in his pink underwear. What a hoot. I've got to get all set to get my bath before supper, so I won't miss a minute of the show.

It's in the 50's here, so it's not so cold, but cold enough that we walk on the treadmills. Some other folks are here this week, who also use the treadmills, so we may be walking outside the rest of the week. It's hard to schedule around them, so we end up waiting; I'd rather walk outside! I've ordered some walking poles, but they aren't supposed to get here until the 28th; I wish I had them now. I'm excited about having the walking poles; I've toyed with the idea of them for over a year. Research tells me that they'll be really good for me. I thank God that I can walk with or without poles and with or without a treadmill. Mobility is a real blessing that I treasure.

4 comments:

  1. We use to have a treadmill and I got lot of exercise with it, moving it from room to room. It was always in the way. I kept stumbling over it on my way to the refrigerator. We hated to get rid of it because it made a great clothes rack. But, we finally let it go. Now, I feel much better. Someone reminded me that my body was the temple and I told them I was just building on to the temple.

    Seriously, both of you look great ! Congrats to Don on the weight loss !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HB, too funny! You know we used to have TWO treadmills, so we're really hooked on them. We only have one at the house, now, and the thing does get in the way! It's a blessing, though, because it's so hot in the summer and so cold in the winter. We're real weather wimps, anymore. Also, we have an oxygen generator at the house, so we exercise (on the treadmill) with oxygen therapy (EWOT), which is supposed to be good for us. We ARE getting old and we WILL die, but we're not inviting issues. Ha! It's funny; we have card parties, but the oxygen generator people keep wanting to send us extra cannulas so we can have EWOT parties; man, does that make us feel old or what? However, we have a member of our card group who is on oxygen 24/7 due to COPD and one night in the middle of our card game his oxygen froze and he was sputtering on us. So, we just wheeled in the oxygen generator and a fresh cannula and he was in business for the rest of the game. It was pretty handy, so we kind of like having it, too. Our 'toys' are definitely fun stuff for the aged, anymore! We're just glad to get to be here for fun for the aged stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They say time flies when you are having fun, but when you reach our age time flies whether you are having fun or not, so you might as well have fun, even if you have oxygen on stand by. I am proud you guys are enjoying life. HB

    ReplyDelete
  4. HB, you are so right. Time sure does fly no matter what you're doing. Life is good and we are enjoying it. I know you're enjoying it, too; it's the thing to do!

    ReplyDelete