Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Snow is nearly all gone.


We hiked at the lake, again, today. Don took this picture of me beside a pile of snow in the parking lot. Other than these piles it's about all gone, even in the woods. It was plenty warm to walk and get some sun. We loved being outside for two days in a row!

I've been introduced to a young lady who has cancer and is on her second treatment of chemo. She has a great CaringBridge site, and I am so enjoying her posts. She puts things into words so well! Today she was talking about how after a cancer diagnosis we begin to see things we used to take for granted. Like we see the blue sky, but then we SEE it and it seems even more blue. If you want to join me in praying for Sara Walker and join me in being encouraged by her, check her out at: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarawalker

Maybe that's why I so love the hiking. I'm so grateful to have the opportunity to see these woods; to see these birds; to see this snow and to MOVE my body. I really thank God for every single thing we have and for giving me the opportunity to really SEE it! I even love the treadmill!

Woo hoo! Spring is coming; I just know it! Winter was awesome, but I am so ready for spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment