Thursday, February 10, 2011

The snow is lingering with the cold.


Lots of snow is still lingering. The lake is mostly frozen. This is a picture Don took on our way back from the fitness center. Notice how high the snow is on my shoes! See our path from walking over the bridge. The building on the right is the one where our unit is. Brrrrr. It's cold out there, but they're predicting the 50's and 60's for next week. We look forward to that!

God is love! Valentines Day is next Monday, so we appreciate the people we love, but God loves us every day. We are so blessed! We love each other every day, too; I hope we don't wait for Valentines Day to tell those we love!

2 comments:

  1. As a funeral director I heard so many people say they wish they had told their loved ones they loved them. I thank God that the words "I love you" were the last words my daughter, Tami and I said to each other the night she past from this life in her sleep. Please do not wait until they are sick, because Tami was not sick. Let the people you love know you love them, today and everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HB, I believe what you said is SO right! Sometimes we think those words (love you) are overused until people don't catch it or believe it. However, in a case like yours and Tami's it's sure great to look back and recall those last words. I imagine you recall them over and over and never tire of it. Thanks for sharing and supporting my belief that we should express our love often and not just on Valentines Day or birthdays and anniversaries. I believe every day is a good day to celebrate! Hey, man, I love you, too, you know! I'm sad that you are no longer in the funeral business because folks need you there, but I suspect you are right where you need to be and right where you can serve the most people.

    ReplyDelete