Thursday, February 3, 2011

Still cold and snowy.


We did venture over to Hollister to check our mail today. We normally would go by this lookout, but we didn't go that way today because we figured the roads wouldn't be as clear as going through Branson. The view would have been great with all the snow. We may go that way when we go to Hollister to church Sunday. If we do, I'll be sure to take the camera and get a shot of the snow from there. The snow is really beautiful, but it's not getting any chance to melt. In this picture you can see the resort where we are staying. They are the white buildings with green roofs that are just about level with my forehead and to the left of me as you look at the picture.

All this snow is reminding me of when we lived in Japan when I was in the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grades. It started to snow in November and it stayed until April. This snow is not going anywhere! It usually snows in Oklahoma and then it's gone by the next day, but it's staying there, too. This is pretty wild. It will warm up soon, though. I thank God for new things to enjoy and for safety while we fumble around in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment