Friday, February 11, 2011

Winter wonderland.


This picture Don took yesterday. It's beginning to melt today. We got to go to the post office and get the mail, as well as run some other errands. It was good to get out of here for a while! The winter wonderland has been fun, but we're really ready for spring!

I've just finished a book, An Accidental Woman by Barbara Delinsky. Barbara Delinsky is a breast cancer survivor, so I'm very keen on her books. In this book she was talking about anger and said, "a passing emotion, a misunderstanding, a failure to communicate . . . it had no lasting place in a long, full life, a life spent with someone you love." That struck me as pretty profound! I love reading fiction because it allows me to learn without having to experience it all first hand. Vicarious is good for me; saves me lots of money and time, not to mention pain! So, I thank God for inspiring people to share and for giving me the ability and time to read and enjoy. I like that definition of anger, a passing emotion, a misunderstanding, a failure to communicate. Then remember the song, Angry Words. It feels good to be happy, and I thank God for that, too!

2 comments:

  1. hahahaha...I'm thinking what should have been done in that snow behind you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! It's the perfect place for SAM to make a sNOw angel, but you notice I was hanging onto the tree! No way was I getting down into that snow on purpose! SAM would, but not me! If I fell I would have made a sNOw angel; I had my camera in my pocket so I could take a picture if I did fall, but I haven't fallen, so there is NO sNOw angel! (For those of you who aren't in on this conversation on FB, I spell it sNOw angel because there is emphasis on NO!) BTW, I love you, Dana!

    ReplyDelete