Sunday, May 29, 2011

Don's not big anymore; he's just tall, now.


I took this picture yesterday before we went to town to check out the Arts on the Square. He weighs 185; he hasn't weighed that since college days! I am amazed that he could take off all this weight, and I believe it's really good for him. He's doing really well since his surgery. Each week we can see a big difference. A week ago today we spent in the ER, and today we got to go to church. I thank God for happy healing!

Dana, I know you're looking at this. Look at my Buchanan grouping on the wall behind Don. Mike did the fish and the bamboo; the other is a sprig of something I collected when we were up there visiting him years ago. it's kind of a treasure corner. :) To all the rest of you, Dana is my good friend from school in Japan, and we are both friends of Mike, who also went to school with us there. Precious memories and precious people. I thank God for both!

6 comments:

  1. Yes I do see the "Mike wall" MJ...lookin good and so does Don. Where is his wife Barbra?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "his wife Barbra???" Who do you mean, Dana? Don's wife is me; Mike's wife is Kimmy? I'm really confused.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, very obscure comment MJ....you know how we all say Don looks like James Brolin, Barbra Striesands husband. That is all I meant..just an attempt to be funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I think you made Don's day! I didn't know anyone said he looks like James Brolin, but I see the likeness in this pic. Nice complement, Dana; thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Several of us have mentioned it at the reunions....no wonder you didn't know what I was talking about. I have a feeling your "reunion giddiness" was so overpowering that you didn't hear us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ha! I hate to miss anything at the reunions; especially a goody like that.

    ReplyDelete