Monday, May 16, 2011

In scurry mode.


Okay, so I sat down yesterday and here is the proof. Now I'm hustling.

In fact it seems like I always hustle. Anyway, tomorrow Don is going to have surgery and I haven't mentioned it because I didn't want folks to worry. He has an enlarged prostate and it is not functioning as it should. He had a TURP 6 years ago, but he's going to have another one tomorrow. He had to go through all kinds of tests to be cleared for this surgery, so we've been doing that over the last couple of weeks. They said his EKG was perfect and he had the blood pressure of a teenager. They love his weight; they like everything about him but his prostate is not working, so they're going to go in and work on it. Tomorrow will be pathetic because he can't eat or drink after midnight tonight and he doesn't go in until 11:30 when they'll do lab work on him and then the surgery isn't until 2:30. I feel for him, so I'm not going to eat until he does. I will drink though, because I don't want to get dehydrated and I won't have an IV to help me. I'll take the computer with me and post from the hospital if possible. If not, then I'll go to McDonald's and post. I'm spending the night with him. I doubt if he'll let me take a picture of him in his hospital gown for the blog, but we'll see.

I thank God that we are both so healthy. This is an issue that has to be repaired, but it's not a life threatening issue. What a gift good health is! Thanks for keeping an eye on us and God bless!

2 comments:

  1. Praying for successful surgery and quick recovery.Take good care of him, but take care of yourself too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, HB. We're working on it and going in the right direction, I think.

    ReplyDelete