Wednesday, May 4, 2011

One of the best guys.



Tonight's picture is one I took of Jerry and Giles taking a huge casserole out of the oven between the wedding and the reception. Hannah's wedding was a team effort. Mary Beth made all the food for the dinner she served at the reception. She had these huge casseroles she'd made over spring break and froze. They were like huge bricks! We took two to the house where we stayed (The home of Mary Elizabeth and Giles.) and let them thaw for about 20 hours. Then we put it into the oven to cook. When we took them out before the wedding, they were still cold in the middle! So we turned them up and headed to the wedding. After the wedding we rushed out and scrambled back to get these casseroles out of the oven and deliver them to the reception. This is where Jerry and Giles came through so well. Jerry is a CPA (retired), but he can do anything. He proved it, again, here. He stepped right in and held his tongue just right to get those hot casseroles out of the oven. They were done and we made it smoothly, there. I ran across this picture and thought I must share it. I love it that Jerry had to get his tongue just right! He's one of the best guys, ever; right there whenever you need him, but never barging in the way. What a guy!


I've been doing my best to hold my tongue just right all day. I've finally got my new back 'machine' assembled. I also got this repaired computer to working, I think. Man! It's been an all day challenge and very stressful, but I'm so happy to be ready to go to the basement and start throwing some herbs. I'm just going to do enough to get us through the next couple of days, I think. I'm so tired. I thank God for helping me get through these challenges. I nearly chapped my lips with my tongue hanging out all day!

No comments:

Post a Comment