Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Every day is Mothers' Day.


Our great nephews brought these flowers to their mom, our niece, today. It proves my belief that every day is mothers' day. It is when you have wonderful sons like she does. I love that I get to share these flowers and the love from these boys. Thanks, Phil and Alex; you are precious guys!

Last night I found out that my cd rom isn't working, so the laptop has to go back to repair for the 3rd time in the last 8 weeks! So, I ordered another netbook, since the last one was defective and I returned it. I'll need to to take with us when we go to Tennessee for our family reunion in a couple of weeks since this one will be in the shop. What computer issues I've had this year! It could be so much worse, though! We could have been blown to bits today, but the tornadoes have passed around us. Actually, they seem to start around here and build up power as they go north and east of us. I thank God for our safety and pray his blessings for those who suffer losses.

Don is still doing good. However, he has to recover completely before he can lift or do much. So, I mowed the yard today. That made me feel great; to be able to DO something. Really it was a lot like pushing the buggy at Wal-Mart; it's a lot easier to have something to hang onto, than to just walk. So, I felt good to get to do it and thank God for giving me the strength to do it. I kept wanting to hire someone to do it, but I guess I can apply that money to my netbook!

4 comments:

  1. I was thinking about you last night regarding the tornados. I'm relieved that you are both ok. My ears are alway on alert for things that happen in Oklahoma now. Love ya lady!
    Wendy's Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Becky. It's comforting to know that you keep me in your mind. Me, too, you! The weekend is coming; enjoy it and every day until then! Haw your work responsibility let up some? Love you, Wendy's Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Work is still the same and I'm just getting caught up from vacation. I'm getting used to it and trying to be laid back about it but it's not easy. I try my best not to stress about anything. It is a change that's for sure.

    Wendy's Becky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Becky! It's hard to take a bunch like that in stride and not be stressed, but if you can do it, you are growing gracefully and wisely! Cancer loves stress, so don't give it an inch if you can help it. I'm so proud of you!

    Love,

    Wendy's Jo

    ReplyDelete