Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Maybe tomorrow?


Here is a picture I got of Don Sleeping. That's a good picture. When he's not sleeping he's throwing up or holding his headache. The headache developed today. So, we're working with getting him all better; he's pretty miserable. I'll keep you posted the best I can. I'm in the Days Inn parking lot, again and will go right back to be there if he needs me.

I had to laugh the anesthesiologist came to check on him because they thought it could be a spinal headache. He started out talking about older folks don't usually get a spinal headache, and then he said this is what I'd do if you were my dad. I told him he needed to work on his bedside manner because he'd offended us twice. Actually, he was very good and we feel confident with him. It's just that Don has never been sick, so it's hard to figure out what's happening and he's not so good at describing it. He's good at moaning and throwing up. :) God bless him. We hope to be better enough to go home tomorrow! Thanks for your concerns.

6 comments:

  1. Hoping and praying things improve quickly for Don. Speaking of bad bed side manners. A few years ago I was taken by ambulance to Southwest Medical Center. The doctor first mentioned the possibility of a heart transplant; but after running tests, killing time and running up a hospital bill, he finally came back in and told Karen and Jeff "Well, I've got good news and bad news. The good news is he is going to live, but the bad news is he will be ugly the rest of his life. I did and I am, so I guess he was right....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh MaryJo,

    I'm so sorry for Don and all this. I will be thinking of you both and hoping for news of his release from the hospital.

    Love and Hugs to you both,

    Wendy's Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. HB, those guys have a lot to learn, don't they? They're so smart, but they have a ways to go if they don't even recognize and appreciate 'the Hair!' Glad they pulled you through!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wendy's Becky,

    Thanks so much for your concern. Don had a rough 3 days, but he's doing so much better today. It's so good to be home.

    Love you,

    Wendy's Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. The old gray "Hair" ain't what he use to be....

    ReplyDelete
  6. HB, you're too swift with the vocabulary! I don't think you ever change.

    ReplyDelete