Saturday, May 21, 2011

Thunder up one, down 2.


In case you don't know the Thunder is the Oklahoma City's NBA team. They are doing great in the finals and are playing the Dallas Mavericks this week. They have won one in the series and have lost two, now after tonight's loss. At one time they were behind by 23 points, but they brought it back to get within 4 right at the last, but they lost it. They only made one 3 point shot in the whole game, so if they could just work on those, I think they can win this series. We were watching this game tonight and it reminded me of the boys playing with Don. I dug this picture out of my stash and it's from the summer of 2004! That's 7 years ago! Nate, in the yellow was 12 and Gabe was 9. I love how his hair is flopping as he jumps with that shot. That was the year Don was slim, too! What precious memories!

Don's not feeling so good today. Monday I take the catheter out at 8 in the morning. If his plumbing is not working by 2, we're supposed to call the doctor. That won't be good. If we do that, I'm thinking we'll race back to Altus and they'll put in another catheter. He's hating that thing, and I don't blame him! It's wearing on him. I think he'll feel so much better once we can get rid of that and he can start functioning on his own.

My back is begging me to quit bending over and revisit the NUBAX more often. There just doesn't seem to be enough time. I do well, as long as I don't bend over and as long as I keep using the NUBAX. Bending over isn't the hard part; it's getting back up from bending. Even getting out of a chair is a hard thing, sometimes. I'm so glad I don't have to report to a job! So, we're in repair mode around here and thank God that our bodies will repair!

No comments:

Post a Comment